Thursday, October 21, 2010

Baking Post 1

Well I have been busy working on my post for today and here it is as promised a post about some baking for Halloween (erm yeah). I'm using the recipe from my Betty Crocker Cookbook. First things first gather together everything your going to need like this:



3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)

Preheat the oven to 357°. In large bowl, beat sugars, butter, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Mine looked something like this:


Then you add the last of the ingredients; Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. For some reason in this picture my chocolate chips didn't show up.

On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown. Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. I would have more pictures but I was in a hurry to get done baking so the last two steps don't have corresponding pictures. The cookies didn't last long enough for me to get a picture of them, we all have horrible sweet tooths.

I also made the pumpkin bread I said I was going to make but I was so worried about messing up the recipe that I totally forgot to take any pictures! It turned out well and hopefully I will be making it again before Samhain/Halloween and will remember to take some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment