Thursday, July 1, 2010

Welcome to the Blog!

Just wanted to do your average hello and welcome to the blog post! What am I doing here exactly? Well I really love to read other peoples blogs but found as I looked around that I was reading about women who kinda had it all together. They had been raising kids/ keeping house/ ect. for a few years and had some sort of clue about what they were doing.

I do not have that. They are nice to read for inspiration and good ideas but I was kind of looking for those who like me were just starting out in life and had so much to learn! I wanted to watch someone go whoops I never knew that before. I wanted to see where the people in those blogs had been 5-10 (or more!) years ago when they had so much to learn. Then I had a thought. What if I wrote the blog that I was looking for? What if I put it all out there like I was hoping someone else would? That brings us to this blog and that is what I am trying to do here. I am at the beginning of the long road of adult life and I am going to post about all those things that I learn along the way. Here are a few things I have learned in the last year.

1. Lavender doesn't like to be near other plants. I learned this the hard way when I planted my seedlings and they died and never came back. The books I read and the people I asked at the time did not tell me this. Now that I know, next year I will plant them by themselves and hopefully they will grow.

2. When planting seedlings you should make sure your toddler and cats cannot get to them! (Goodbye cabbage and broccoli!)

3. Those swiffer mop things are really great, but you don't need the spay fluid cleaner, a simple mixture of vinegar and water does the same job, and it's cheaper too!

4. Toddlers destroy stuff, it has been like that since the beginning of time. So trying to have a clean organised house all the time will just make you crazy and take up all your free time. Just let it go......

5. Confessions of a pagan soccer mom is great. Read it at every opportunity and enter as many giveaways as possible. Just going to put it out there that yes, it did cross my mind that I may just have a better chance at winning things if I had a blogger account! (Just being honest)

No comments:

Post a Comment