Monday, July 12, 2010

Frustration

Lately it seems that I have been in a constant state of frustration. I can't sleep at night no matter how hard I try, which means that I just keep getting more frustrated and can't sleep. It is a very vicious cycle. It's kinda becoming a self-full fulfilling prophecy. I look at the clock and groan about how it's 10 o' clock and I want nothing more than to be asleep at that time but I am not at all tired. I want to go to sleep but am not in the frame of mind for it until about 2 am. Since little 'un is a morning person to the degree I never will achieve that means I am averaging about 4-6 hours of sleep counting those unexpected naps I keep taking. You know the ones where you sit down in front of the tv with your toddler and before you know it the show you wanted them to watch is over and your halfway through the next show? Yeah those.

In the same vein due to the long lasting lack of sleep I am more clumsy than my usually clumsy self. I can't turn around without spilling or knocking something over. Which brings me to the heights of frustration all over again. Alls I want to do is clean out the fridge (or fill the cats' dish, or make lunch ect..) without making a mess and having to take twice as long with those simple tasks as I should be taking. I want to get through my day with few (because asking for none is just not sensible) bumps along the way.

My cat is in heat. Anyone who has or has had a cat in heat understands.

I have a toddler. Any mother of a toddler knows that even the best most wonderful toddler has his bad days.

So yes now that we have taken a trip through my days of frustration now we just have to think up some ways to deal with it. Anybody got any ideas? Anybody?

No comments:

Post a Comment