Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hodgepodge Post

Been thinking of this and that lately and well hopefully will be able to make this post make some sense.

Hestia: Been making myself some bandana style covers to wear around the house over the last week. I now have a new green one and a new navy blue one. I have a friend who was looking to get rid of some fabric and yarn so I have been keeping my hands busy and putting off the important housework in favor of crocheting myself some new covers to go with my clothing. I like bandana style covers mostly because nobody thinks twice about me wearing these when with snoods of tichels I tend to get some odd looks. But really I find that snoods are more comfortable especially on a hot day to get my hair off the back of my neck. Still pleased with the whole thing, Hestia was right. Still doing my devotionals to her on a regular basis. When I start feeling anxious about things I have even developed a "Hestia provides" phrase coupled with deep meditative breathing that seems to nip it in the bud. At least I'm not having panic attacks.

Community: I have been once again getting this crazy pull to join a group or community outside of the one I am currently in. In fact I'm feeling a pull quite strongly toward Quaker meetings. A more regulated constant ritual community gathering instead of just the Wheel of Year celebrations my Pagan group does. I have been pretty much a solitary practitioner for 10 years now, I have no idea where this is coming from. I am finding it rather confusing and frustrating right now. I know that there is a small but vocal group of Plain/Quaker Pagans out there, but I'm still trying to figure out if I belong in that group. If I do belong in that group what does that mean as far as my Pagan practice and who I am as a person?

Home school: Still doing a planed school day with little 'un during the week. Trying to read to him consistently and we are really focusing on letters right now. This September I am going to being to teach him how to read. He is also getting there in potty training so I plan to send him to our local preschool  so that he can have some time with kids his own age and I can have some stress free time in the garden. We are also signing up for the local home school group that has field trips to the zoo on a monthly basis. Hoping that we can make some friends there as well.This job loss has made me think about getting a part time job which makes me angry because it would effect the perfect little home school life that I have pictured in my head. I know this is silly because it would be seasonal part time but still.

Garden: Have planted all my greenhouse stuff now I am just waiting to plant the outdoor garden. I am nearly overcome with excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment